Time Management Training
in Vermont Burlington & Montpelier, VT
Nothing gets your attention faster than receiving a message or a request marked URGENT. My goodness, what could this be? What has happened? Where is the fire? Fortunately, it often turns out that the situation is only “urgent” to the one sending the message. They are having an emergency, and they think the only way to solve their problem is to create an emergency for you! How can you prevent a failure to plan on the part of someone else from turning into an emergency on your end – one that could keep you from getting really important stuff done?
As a part of our Time Management Training Classes, we focus on how to evaluate and respond to those annoying “emergencies” that arise at just the wrong moment and seek to suck the life out of your day. You will learn what emergencies to respond to personally, which responses to delegate, which responses can be postponed, and which ones should simply be ignored. And this is just the beginning of all the cool skills you will develop as the result of taking this class. We help you develop strategies for dealing with everything from excess paperwork to planning and executing major projects. While it isn’t urgent that you contact us immediately, put it on your list of things to get done by the end of the day!
On-site Time Management Training: can be tailored to the needs of your organization and delivered on-site at a time and location of your choice or you can attend one of our open enrollment course (s).
Contact us for more information, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Participants in our Time Management Training workshop will learn to:
- How to devote more time to important activities every day
- How to prevent those daily “fires” from undermining important goals
- To identify and communicate goals that keep priorities straight
- How to design an effective To-Do list
- How to respond to everyday interruptions
- The art of delegating less important tasks
- How to consolidate Tasks & Errands
- How to use Time Blocks to maintain effectiveness
- How to dispose of most disruptive paper work
- To balance professional goals and personal time
- To use time management tools to improve efficiency
- How to set goals and evaluate them to make sure they have real value
- How to overcome the temptation of procrastination
- How to say NO (in a nice way, of course)
- Identify and arrest time bandits